Already an account? Log in

    Try Tax Rendement

    With 13 published issues in a calendar year Tax Rendement offers the most up to date answers to your professional questions with news, themes and articles.

    Subscribe to Tax Rendement for the next three months for only € 3, excluding VAT (normal price is € 99 per year). This offer applies to a business trial subscription, valid until cancellation.

    Fill out the form below and subscribe

    Are you interested in similar English publications? Rendement also offers (for HR professionals), (about Dutch payroll regulations) and (about Dutch financial SME-news). Try these publications for three months each for € 3, excluding VAT. Normal price is €99 per year.

    Promo code (when available)

    We ask you to agree to our General Terms and Conditions and read our Privacy Policy.

    When clicking on subscribe, you automatically give permission to receive the newsletter and offers, with which we inform you about relevant products and services of Rendement Uitgeverij BV. If you do not want this, please contact us via You can also withdraw the consent at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.

    Tax authorities allow normative wage to be lower than statutory minimum wage

    The normative wage of a substantial interest holder may be lower than the statutory minimum wage after all, if it is for business reasons. Think, for example, of a prolonged situation of loss. The Belastingdienst has stated this.

    The tax authorities used to apply the minimum wage as the minimum amount for the normative wage. However, it reversed that point of view. A lower normative wage than the statutory minimum wage may now be assumed if there are objective grounds for setting the wage lower. For example in the situation when the continuity of the company is at risk because it has been suffering losses for some time. The same applies to start-ups and new businesses.

    If you want to be sure about the normative wage to apply, you can contact the Belastingdienst through the ‘Verzoek vooroverleg  (Request for prior consultation) form. At (Dutch) you will find a checklist of what to expect during such a consultation.

    Share this article on: